Wednesday 24 June 2015

15 Post-Its In World After by Susan Ee

Wednesday 24 June 2015
(I literally finished World After about 10 minutes ago and I'm rushing to write this post so I can move onto End of Days as soon as I possibly can.)

I wanted to write just your standard review for the whole of the Angelfall trilogy, but then I finished World After and I realised that there wasn't much more than I could say that wasn't in the first review I did for Angelfall. Instead, since I can't seem to stop tabbing things in this damn series, I'd show you a glimpse into some of my favourite parts of the book (aka 15 of 60 things that I couldn't help but Post-It note when reading World After).

*Contains spoilers for Angelfall and World After*

1) I'm pretty sure I saw Zuckerburg digging the latrine ditch beside Raffe at the camp a few days ago. I guess a billion dollars doesn't buy much respect in the World After.

5) He strokes my hair and whispers, 'Shhh'. Whatever comfort he's giving me, I'm giving at least that much back just by being a warm body for him to hold at a time when he needs it most.

7) She glances over at me, her eyes shining in the dark. 'You're a hero Penryn, whether you like it or not.'

8) Then, a darker silhouette appears against the sky. Menacing demon wings. Broad shoulders. The shape of a Greek god gliding through the sky. Raffe.

11) These have to be the worst minions ever. 

18) He closes his eyes for a moment, swallowing his sadness. I'm so used to seeing Raffe with his game face on that it's hard to see him like this.

22) I find myself scanning the masses for a certain sarcastic angel. 

28) Raffe looks over at the bloody knife in my hand. 'If I still hand any doubts that it was you, that would do it.' He gestures toward my opponent rolling on the ground with his hands cradling his package.

32) 'You're not the only monster in this world,'

39) He shrugs. 'I guess you'll just have to not slip up.'

40) 'Thank you for returning me to my family. That was a crazy, dangerous thing to do.' 'I was feeling a little crazy and dangerous then.'

43) 'Yup. A sensitive girl. That just defines you, Penryn.' The firelight softens his features and warms his skin. 'But if you must have an ego boost for your tender side, I will admit that you looked great with wings.'

48) He glares at me. 'I've had to watch you die once, isn't that enough?'

54) But we keep on fighting.

60) The sun is rising, giving the dark ocean below a glow that shimmers with blue, gold and green. It's a new day in the World After.

2 comments :

  1. I've seen so many people disappointed with End of Days, and I might just cry if I don't like it. I've got crossed fingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started it and I got to page 50 and I'm just not feeling it right now. It has a very different tone to the other two. I also think that the negative reviews are making me scared to read it but I just can't get into it at the moment :(

      Delete