Sunday 31 January 2016

Things I've Been Loving: January Edition

Sunday 31 January 2016
I'm actually on time for my favourites this month which is, truly, a miracle. I spent most of the month at home and doing everything that wasn't reading so this should be a fun one to write.

Book: Did I Mention I Love You? 
I read this while it was online but I decided to give it a whirl again and I forgot how much I loved the story and the characters! Everything about this book is so much fun and I adored it. I did post a review for DIMILY so if you're interested hop on over and check that out.

Product: Make Up Revolution Palettes/Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry
Both of these products are make up items and I can't help it but I've recently fallen back in love with make up and everything to do with it. I went through a phase a few years ago wherein I couldn't go shopping without picking up a new lipstick and it seems that I am once again in that state of mind. I've had my eye on the Urban Decay Naked Palettes for AGES but they are just way out of my price range so when I heard about the dupes for £4 I just about cried. They're absolutely stunning and so easy to apply and use. They have literally transformed my make up looks. As as the Revlon Matte Balm. I love me a good matte lip and this colour is absolutely perfect. The formula is a bit drying on the lips because it's a matte finish but it's nothing a little lipbalm can't fix.

Movie: Star Wars: The Force Awakens/Kingsman: The Secret Service
Over Christmas I decided to watch all of the Star Wars movies for the first time and I may have developed a little obsession. So after falling in love with Star Wars I had to watch The Force Awakens (fun fact: John Boyega used to go to my college). The movie was FANTASTIC if we don't count one scene that tore my heart out. Also: Love Kylo Ren. I also watched Kingsman for the first time and now I totally get why everyone fell in love with the film a few years ago. SO GOOD.

TV Show: New Girl/The 100
THE 100 IS BACK. FINALLY. I can't say it's been my favourite show of the month because I've only seen one episode so far but it's already so good and I can't wait for this season to unfold. I rewatched the first two seasons of New Girl and then caught up with the rest of it and I was shocked to find how much funnier I find it now. I loved it when I first started watching it but now I seem to have a deeper appreciation for it all.

Music: Shawn Mendes
If you follow me on Spotify this might not come as a shock. Please believe me when I say that this is not an exaggeration: I have solely listened to Shawn Mendes this month. The love affair started a few months ago but this is the first time I've really listened to his music and I can't stop, won't stop. Shawn is further proof that nothing bad has ever come from Canada.

Event: Finishing those units.
In my update post I spoke a little bit about how I was doing a few units at college that were completely stressing me out and THEY'RE FINISHED NOW. I'm so happy to have them out of the way but I can already tell that this next unit is possibly going to be even worse, which is fab.

Quote: A Little Too Much - Shawn Mendes
"And you don't have to be afraid, because we're all the same, and we know that sometimes it all gets a little too much"

No comments :

Post a Comment