Sunday 19 February 2017

Books I Want To Read This Spring

Sunday 19 February 2017


It's gotten to that point of winter again where I am longing for warmer, jumper weather days. Days where I don't have to sit in my room under my duvet and three blankets with my heater on and still be freezing. Days where I can head out without worrying if I have enough layers on. So, I am writing this post, with the hopes that mother nature will hear my call and hurry along the spring.

I've never been much of a seasonal reader, and have always preferred to read wherever the mood takes me, but there is something about warmer days that makes me crave two things: fantasy that makes me sob, or contemporaries that make me sob. And thus this list was born.


Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of the Universe
I think by now everyone bar me has read this book and either adored it or at least said it was worth a read. And so this spring, my time is here, this book will see the light of day.

The Raven King
I've been putting this read off for so long because I haven't been able to face the truth of what will happen. Yes, I'm weak. But I have hopes that I'll be able to reread the first three books and then cry myself to death over the last.

Holding Up The Universe
All The Bright Places ruined me and I assume that this will, no doubt, be much of the same. Surprisingly (Or not - considering I've been out of the reader loop for what feels like 360 years) I haven't heard much about this one, but I'm hopeful that it'll tear me apart.

Empire of Storms
This is another one that I've been putting off, but mostly because I'm too nervous. I don't know what to expect. It's a huge book. I haven't had a lot of time since being at uni. There are too many variables of what will happen.

The Art of Being Normal
I just need to read this book at some point, and I want it to be in the spring. Where my hayfever will provide the perfect cover for my puffy, cried out eyes.

No comments :

Post a Comment