Tuesday 3 May 2016

#ThisIsWhoIAm: A Time Capsule Experience

Tuesday 3 May 2016



In honour of the launch of Harriet Reuter Hapgood's brilliant debut novel, The Square Root of Summer, I have been invited to take part in Macmillan's #ThisIsWhoIAm campaign. To celebrate the creativity of the book and it's characters, Macmillan have asked me to put together a time capsule that represents who I am right now in Summer 2016. Today - May 3rd - people all around the world will be posting their time capsules showing who they are with the hashtag #ThisIsWhoIAm so if you enjoy this post you should go and check those out, and why not make your own while you're at it and join in on all the fun! I loved putting together my time capsule and I'm so excited to show you guys the things that I feel encapsulate this moment in time.

The Square Root of Summer publishes on the 5th May 2016, I have already read it and I thought it was a beautiful read so if you're interested on hearing more about it, or reading my review, check it out here.


The Time Capsule that I've put together is a small one, but it very much represents me, and what is most important to me.

Books: 
I've included books in my time capsule because, well, I'm a reader. I love books. And Fangirl is hands down my favourite book so that just has to go into my time capsule along with The Square Root of Summer.

Stuffed Animal:
This stuffed Nemo represents two things. First of all, it shows my love for all things Disney, and secondly, yes, I'm 19 this month, and yes I still collect stuffed animals. I also have a very specific one that I sleep with at night. Because why the hell not, right?

Music:
The two CDs in this picture aren't necessarily my favourite albums in the entire world, but what matters is what the CDs represent. Music. I don't know who I'd be without music, or what I'd do without music. I can't take a walk down the street without having my earphones attached to me, I spend a lot of my money saving up to go to gigs and I spend a lot of my time recovering from said gigs. I love music, so that's why music is in the time capsule.

Stationary:
The highlighters you see pictured here represent my love of stationary, writing and creativity.

Photographs:
I've included photographs of family and friends in my time capsule, as I'm sure many people have, because material things can come and go but at the end of the day it's out memories that will always stay with us. I love my friends and family, they've helped to shape who I am and the things I hold dearest to me.

No comments :

Post a Comment