Sunday 8 November 2015

Things I've Been Loving: October Edition.

Sunday 8 November 2015

As I said in my previous post, I'm no longer doing the original Wrap Up's that I used to write because I found them dreary and I wanted to instead just celebrate the things that I've been loving. Sort of like a favourites, just better. Without further ado here are the things that I loved during October.

Book: Queen of Shadows
I haven't been reading a lot lately, it's turned into something that I have to force myself to do and I can't seem to find a book that gets me excited about reading it but then Queen of Shadows came along. I told myself that I should read it before I get spoiled and it was INCREDIBLE. I loved how intense it all was and how it all came together in the end and AH I JUST CAN'T. DEAL. WITH. IT.

Product: Cat Ears
It was the month of Halloween and I had to invest in some cat ears (for no purpose) so obviously that resulted in me just meowing at my cat and taking loads of selfies and, of course, wearing them everywhere I possibly could.

Movie: Pan
For those of you who don't know, Peter Pan is one of my favourite stories ever. EVER. I'd been excited about this movie for a long, long time and it did not disappoint. It was so dramatic and beautiful and heartwrenching and yes I did spend the majority of the movie crying. The soundtrack was also just absolutely insane and I can't stop thinking about it. The scene where we first see Blackbeard? Holy crap.

TV Show: The 100
The 100 is possibly one of my favourite TV Shows and I decided to rewatch it in the month of October which actually, somehow, turned into me rewatching it twice in October. My friend Georgia and I have been trying to convince our friend Aimee to watch it for a while now and we came up with the cunning plan that whilst we were all in Paris we would make her watch it with us. Somehow I never get bored of it, even after watching Season One two times in two weeks, which is quite an impressive feat.

Music: Sounds Good Feels Good - 5SOS
Now I might be biased considering I have a huge affection for 5SOS but their sophomore album released on the 23rd October and I haven't been able to stop listening since. Admittedly, I didn't like it at first. I wasn't impressed at all and I felt that the songs were just mediocre but after listening again and again I realised how much this band have grown since their debut album. No longer are the songs about sex (mostly because they wrote their debut album while they were 15-16 and are now 19-20) but they touch on more personal and pressing issues taking inspiration from their own anxieties. The London Symphony Orchestra features on a couple of songs on the album and it just adds a whole new sound that I couldn't be more proud of. I'm also just going to note that the album itself ends with the lyric 'You know it's going to get better'.

Event: Paris.
As soon as my friend, Georgia, moved to Paris I knew that I would have to go and visit the city at some point during her stay and I that's exactly what I did. From the 28th October to the 1st November I slept in her cute Parisian apartment along with our friend Aimee and during the days we did a LOT. Also, there are a lot of stairs in Paris. So many stairs. What is with that? Some of my highlights from the trip (I'm going to do a whole recap of the trip) were visiting the Louvre, The Eiffel Tower, the view from the top of the Arc de Triomphe (but not the climb - never the climb) and of course, DISNEY which deserves about 300,000 more words but we don't have time for that.

2 comments :

  1. natalie its so good to hear from you again!! so jealous you got to go to paris. i want to go so badly, you'll have to show me some pictures some time!! i haven't read queen of shadows because i have NO TIME which makes me sad bc i've finally gotten to the point where i no longer feel intimidated by it, like i actually am dying to read it now but i've just been so busy. i love this type of post natalie, hope you do more in the future! much love annie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll post any pictures on the blog because while I want to share them with the whole world I also want to keep them a little bit private for now. If you want to see them just DM me, I'll be more than happy to gush and share!

      Delete