Friday 16 October 2015

Lets Talk: Catching Up

Friday 16 October 2015

It feels like I haven't updated you guys in a while on what's been going on and what I've been up to so I wanted to take time today to write a post that catches you guys up on what's been going on. I've also been feeling a lack of connection lately between me and the readers and my posts and the entire community in general so I want to use this post as a way to get some things off my chest, too. Like a cheap therapy session, except probably not as deep.

Wrap Ups: 
You may not have noticed, but I have, and that is that I have stopped doing Wrap Ups. It was kind of accidental and it's never really been a feature that I've completely stuck to but I am removing them from the blog. They were a good way to keep me organised with what I've been reading each month but it's not a post that I feel happy writing each month and I only want to write posts that I am happy with. Instead of doing Wrap Up's I'm going to do a little 'Things I've Been Loving' post each month. Which is basically a favourites, but not, because it's going to be so much better than favourites (It's not).

College:
I went back to college this September and it's certainly been a whirlwind. I have a feeling that this year is going to take a huge toll on me between having so much on my plate with college work, university applications and trying to find a job I'm not sure if my content will always be at a decent standard which is not something that I want to happen so I am not going to force myself to post anything if I don't want or have the energy to put a lot of effort into.

University: 
Speaking of University applications, they're scary. How do I know if I've found the right Universities to apply to? How do I know if I'll enjoy the course? Will I even get in? There are a lot of questions and it's a long, hard process (or so I've heard) and I'm scared. Lets hope it all goes to plan and I'm not stuck here, clueless, for another year.

A Break: 
This is pretty much the main point of me writing this post. I'm going to take a break from blogging for a little bit. Not long, just until the end of October so I can focus on my college work and making sure that it's something I'm proud of. Also just so that I have time to get my head back in the game and feel a little more connected to this whole thing again. I try not to worry about statistics but it's a little disheartening when I see that my reads and comments have decreased slightly so I want to make sure that my content is up to scratch again and take some time to edit my earlier posts. I'm also going to Paris to see my friend for a few days at the very end of October so I want to make sure that I'm enjoying that and enjoying some time with my friends instead of thinking about making sure people are liking my new posts.

5 comments :

  1. *hugs* Take all the time you need Natalie! Also just know that you are still awesome and loved and your blog isn't the only one with a decrease in views and comments <3 It seems to be a trend, but it'll pass eventually. Enjoy your time with friends and getting yourself all settled in with school; I know it's a huge transition that I'm about to enter as well, so I totally get the need for a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all your school stuff :)! Enjoy Paris :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah the autumnal curse: school is starting and other events arise and there's less time for reading/blogging and you're scrambling to get everything together (or that's me anyway). I FEELS YOU. i'm glad you're taking a mini-break from blogging to focus on life. and making some minor changes to your blog so you do what YOU WANT. sounds so tempting i kinda want to do it myself *sigh* best of luck with all your school stuff! have fun in paris and see you soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete