Friday 28 April 2017

Calling All Diverse Titles

Friday 28 April 2017

This is a calling out for you (through the deep pacific blue), any and all readers, bloggers and writers out there - I have an urgent matter. I need more diverse titles! I've noticed a serious lack of representation in most of the books on my TBR at the moment, and I need to change that. As a bisexual woman, I know how important it is for representation of all creeds, cultures, sexualities, races, etc. So I'm asking you guys, to help me on my quest to read more diversely, and recommend me diverse, LGBTQIA+  and #ownvoices titles that you loved, that you think I'd love and that you just think everyone needs to read.

And here are just some of the diverse titles that I've read and loved in case any of you lovely people also need recommendations!


The Upside of Unrequited: This book is #ownvoices, and features a fat main character alongside many LGBTQIA+ and diverse characters too: Molly's sister is a lesbian (I'm not actually sure if that's ever specifically stated but it is hinted at), one of her mum's is a lesbian and the other mum is bisexual. As well as a pansexual character who her sister dates.

Simon Vs The Homosapiens Agenda: The main character, Simon, is gay and the book tackles a lot of issues with coming out, and how 'straight' is seen as the norm.

Everything Leads To You: This book is FxF and is also based around set design in hollywood, which is such a unique and interesting setting for a book that I loved reading about!

Wonder: This is about our main character, Auggie, who was born with a facial deformity and his adventures growing up and friendships. It's such a lovely read, I really recommend this one.

2 comments :

  1. I would recommend "i'll give you the sun" Brian and Noah's relationship is just *intense heart eyes emojis* and the six of crows duology is amazing too! One of the characters is handicapped, two are poc and two are lgbt. "The hate u give" is also on my tbr at the moment, it looks amazing!

    Www.positively-makeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHHHH I LOVE I'LL GIVE YOU THE SUN, I actually completely forgot to put it in this post but it's one of my favourite books ever. Six of Crows is on my tbr, but unfortunately I'm in the middle of approx 2848 series right now so I'm less inclined to start any new ones. The Hate U Give is also on my tbr, right now! I'm so desperate to read it. Thanks, Lovely!

      Delete