Friday 8 April 2016

An ARC April Update

Friday 8 April 2016
Hi, Hey, Hello. It's been one week since April started aka the start of ARC April and I'm super excited to be bringing you my first week update because I've read some pretty solid books and I want to share them with you, out of the kindness of my heart of course.

I've managed to read three ARCs this week, which I think means I'm doing pretty well since my original TBR had only four books. I have since been accepted for more ARCs on Netgalley so my TBR has grown and you can see that updated one here if you are interested and want me to write a full review here on any of them.

There is a small theme between the books that I've read this week and that is that they all have a contemporary feel. Which, isn't really a shock when it comes to me, I'm sure you all know that I adore contemporary books. One of these is actually Sci-Fi but it's set in a contemporary world so it's still part of the theme.


 The Space Between: This book was a bit up and down for me. There were parts of it that I absolutely loved but the ending just took a 180 degree turn and it wasn't for me at all. I loved that it felt really young and innocent but the ending grew really intense and the 'I need you or I'll die' romance which I can never really get into anymore. However, if you're into that and trying to read more LGBTQIA books this year then this would be a great one for you!

The Square Root of Summer: Calling any and every time travel lover! Come get your Sci-Fi! This was a book that I wasn't expecting to love as much as I did. I'm not a huge fan of time travel so I was a bit nervous going in but I am so glad that I took a chance on this one. The writing was beautiful and I loved that all of the characters had their own personalities that stood out from one another. I did get a little confused with all the physics talk but nothing that ruined the book for me.

What I Thought Was True: I also really loved this book, I thought that all of the characters were beautifully developed and written. Overall the book was really charming and lovely to read but I just wish that the relationships between all of the characters were touched on a little more because it felt a bit rushed. If you're looking for a nice beach read during the summer I think this would be absolutely perfect.

The next two weeks or so of April are going to be a lot busier for me so I hope that I'll still be able to read as well as I have been so far this month. Let me know in the comments if you've read any of these and what you thought! Also, if you're taking part in ARC April link me to your TBRs, I'd love to see them!

6 comments :

  1. Congrats on reading three books during the first week! I was only able to read one and hope to get to more! I keep hearing about The Square Root of Summer, so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! You should definitely give it a read if you're into time travel :)

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I am here to cheer you on! *high fives* I managed two books this last week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That's great! Good luck this week too <3

      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. WOW THREE??? good for you Natalie. you loved 2 out of 3, that's good! I did two :) only liked one. just posted my first review. Good luck with the rest of the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete