Monday 11 April 2016

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Monday 11 April 2016
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick. What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane. Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that. What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.

Since I couldn't possibly force everything that I love about this book into a straightforward review, I'm going to do what I do best and give 5 reasons why everyone should read Me Before You.

Now, I'm a real advocate for reading the book before I see the movie adaptation but sometimes I don't think that the book is something that I'd read, this was the case for Me Before You. I didn't want to read the book, I had seen everyone rave about it but that still didn't spark my interest. Until I saw the trailer. That trailer. Anyway I'd seen the trailer and immediately, immediately, I tell you, bought the book. Now it's hands down one of my favourite books of 2016. So let me share the love with those of you who haven't read it, and especially those who have.

1. The film looks incredible! And I'm not ashamed to admit that I've already cried at the trailer. In my honest opinion, it could not have been cast more perfectly and I'm so excited to see how Sam Claflin and Emilia Clark perform their ideas of Will and Lou.

2. Will Traynor and Lou Clark are PERFECT. One of the things that I loved about Me Before You is how real the characters are. It's so easy to write about characters who aren't flawed and are easy to like but to me it was a struggle with these characters and that's what makes them so perfect. Yes, I loved them both the moment the book introduces them but they also infuriated me at times which only made me love them more.

3. It's a weepy one. And by 'weepy' I mean make sure you have tissues on hand because you will start bawling at random moments and not know why. The writing and the story is so beautiful that it moved me to tears multiple times even if it was just a normal, casual scene. To me, that shows it's a book that begs to be read.

4. It made me so, so, happy. Even throughout the moments of tears I would laugh and smile and squeal and it was so beautiful seeing these two people live throughout the pages and AGH, IT'S JUST INCREDIBLE OK.

5. EVERYTHING. IT'S PERFECT. READ IT.

No comments :

Post a Comment